View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

a few more gift ideas

This is from a crafters point of view, OK? LOL

For my mil birthday this year I made her a scrapbook of all her grandchildren and great grands. I have extra page protectors to add as needed, LOL

For xmas for friends I made cookies in a jar recipies, decorated with xmas fabrics and ribbons and a tag/card with the remaining ingredients needed.

I have 2 in the military so I collect items year round they can use, in a plastic clear box, then i decorate it and send to them if they cannot make it home. It has things like combs, brushes, mini bottles of shampoo, conditioners, make up after shaves, razors, oh and cannot forget the cookies, LOL if they have a kitchen then just the recipies minus the wet ingredients.

I make decorated grapevine wreaths decorated with something to match the reciepients decor.

I make breads like zucchini, raisin or carrot for neighbors who are diabetic using a diabetic cookbook.

canned preserves and some homemade sweet cakes.

these are just some of the things i do for inexpensive gifts for friends and family

I do make all my cards and have started on xmas already LOL

And if your only great at making birthday cards then you can search out others who would like to do a card swap to possibly get a variety of different handmade cards.

Take care
Bonnie

http://www.youravon.com/btaylor3143