View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

This year I had a couple options to choose from but opted for a calmer one
The VORHES family reunion is July 3rd (mom's side of the family) We hadn't had one in awhile and it's nice that they are doing them again. I however will not be able to attend. It is a 3 hour drive.
Our therapy dog group is also holding a "shake ~n~ bake" sale that day. The dogs will be there to meet the pubic. Our group displays and education is patriotic themed and really neat. In fact one of our hand outs talk about the dogs who served in the military. There are 2 monuments is Gettysburg
We on July 3rd however plan to drive to RAYSTOWN LAKE as a family and have a picnic, playgames, walk, fish, ect. To just BE together as a family. I pray it all goes well.

July 4th at I plan to cook out at home. I prefer to stay home as the parks are pretty crowded. I love our back yard so I look forward to it!

That day we will attend church, cook out, play games and just "hang". Later in the evening we'll head out to the fireworks! We usually are able to park and walk to get great seats~

The games I HOPE to get everyone to play?

*3 legged race
*popcorn relay
*egg and wooden spoon
*tug of war
*balloon toss
*seed spitten' (eww lol)

Menu on the 4th?

~Jalapeno burgers
~tangy potato salad
~deviled eggs
~baked beans (this is Delia's fav. so hopefully it will "sooth" her attitude??
~some kind of Patriotic dessert

I also hope to get those round shaped (I forget what they are called) red, white and blue hangings as well as fresh yellow ribbions. My other ribbon had been on our tree for over a year and it had had it. Fresh ones are in order!

What are you all planning this 4th of July?
I really like the old fashioned traditions. Do you all have or remember any?

GOD BLESS THE USA

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore