View Single Post
Old 06-15-2002, 09:59 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Boy, I know how you feel! It would be so easy to spend every day thinking about what we don't have, or what we've got that we're not that crazy about. This seems like aimless thinking, really. It doesn't really contribute to your wellbeing, or your children's. I'd like to share a tiny bit of my story as an encouragement to you.

We had two kids, boy and girl, and had decided on a third -- Gracie, 4.5 years after our second was born. When Gracie came along, I was worn out! I kept asking myself, Why did we have another? Then one day, the older kids' school needed a substitute teacher. It paid $60. Boy, could I have used 60 bucks at that time! I remember the thought crossing my mind, "If I just didn't have Gracie...." I knew right then and there that I had to stop these thoughts right now, or she was going to have major self-esteem issues! I almost lost her once to asthma, and I knew from then on out that I DID want her in our family! She is five now, and one of the most delightful parts of my life. Admittedly, there are days when I'm just tired of being a mommy. This is just normal, considering that I've been a mom for SO LONG.

Let's face it, LIFE is inconvenient! It wouldn't matter if you didn't have any children. There's always going to be some "uncomfortable-ness" in your day. I think this is God's way of growing us and stretching us in the best ways -- even if it's painful. I think this is why the Bible tells us to "Rejoice in the Lord always!"

Don't forget that you're doing the one thing in the world that you know is right -- you're raising your own children. It is a SEASON, and not for a lifetime. Later, think of the regrets that you won't have just for hanging in there. You can do it!

Hope this helps!