View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have no idea about your testing question...sorry...but...I should be recieving my very first order from A Beka and I'M SO EXCITED!!! My ds#1 will be starting the Kindergarten material in the fall...I am a licensed teaching in the state of Oregon and have taught in public schools now for about 9 years...Our local district in pretty restricted with budgetary problems and I know my little guy wouldn't be getting the one on one he would need to really build a solid education background. My husband and I really feel homeschooling at least to start is a great idea. There are so many fun things that we will do together besides the reading, writing and "rythmatic"...He will go once a week to work with my mom who is an accomplished and nationally recognized pastelist and he will work weekly with my dad who will do woodworking, kit building and other "technical" things...my husband loves sports so he will be in charge of PE...What great fun we will have. My biggest worry is how to keep my 17 month old...who will be 20 months old when school starts, busy while we are having school...do you have any suggestions? Hope you find the answer to your testing question!

Sandra