View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 11:47 AM
kellyandkids

If you have that many papers and you want to save them, you need to start scrapbooking. My first rule, if it isn't flat or savable as is (too much glitter or pait) then take it's picture and toss the original. The kid will let you then.

You can go as fancy as Creative Memories or as simple as archival sleeves (slip covers that go in a 3 ring binder) from the office store in that universal 8.5x11" size.

My mom advised me: decide which standard to use and remember to do th esame with all 3 kids. I know some one who had the dates of the teeth coming in for her child all neatly written in his book. I'm sure she will have the dates they fall out too. But that is way to much detail for me. I'm happy to find immunization records.

But why an accordian file? Are you sorting by subject or date? I use a Sterilite brand sweater box to store all until I can get it into scrapbooks. Not archival but I can see thru the box and know what's what.

I can't do anything while the basement is under construction. Dust every where but we started painting last night!!