View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
For teachers day, We bought DS's teacher a plant that was in a ceramic birdhouse, then made a plant marker to go into it. We used a yellow school pencil as the marker then I a sign to go on it.....using one of his wallet sized school pictures as one side and a saying that I printed out on the computer printed small enough that I could cut it out the size of his picture----I put them back to back with the pencil in the middle---then laminated the pictures so that they would stick on the pencil.

The saying that I used was " Mrs ____, Thank You for touching my heart and helping me to grow" Happy Teacher's Day 2004
Then my son's name.

It turned out so cute!! She gave me a very heartfelt thanks today at his Field Days. She even started to tear up when she said that things like that makes her know that what she does is really worthwhile.

Back to another idea....... You could make smaller versions of this by buying small starter plants and making these markers for them. You could also make that saying or a similar on into a bookmarker or picture.

For the end of the year, Im planning on writing his teacher a letter telling her how much she has meant to my son and to us.

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!