View Single Post
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2002, 11:25 PM
GMC44's Avatar
GMC44 GMC44 is offline
Member
FamilyCorner Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: SUNNYSIDE,UTAH
Posts: 19
RE:STINKY FIREPLACE

HI THERE-I"M ALWAYS READING SOMETHING OR OTHER TO MY HUBBY AS HE HAS HAD EXPERIENCE IN MOST THINGS. (HES YOUR ALL AROUND HANDY MAN FOR RENT!)
HIS 2 CENTS ON THIS IS -- HAVE YOUR HUBBY PURCHASE SOME TAR (A GALLON SHOULD DO FOR LESS THEN $5.00) CLIMB UP ON THE ROOF AND TAR AROUND THE CHIMNEY AREA, AS WATER MAY BE GOING DOWN THE CHIMNEY AND RUNNING BEHIND THE FIREPLACE WALL WHICH WILL CAUSE MOLD TO GROW!!!.YOU CAN ALSO CHECK FOR MOLD BY CUTTING AWAY A SMALL SQUARE ON THE FIREPLACE WALL THEN STICK YOUR HAND BACK THERE -
THIS MAY SOUND GROSS BUT - SCRATCH AND SNIFF !! THIS MAY BE WHAT YOU ARE SMELLING WHEN YOU GET YOUR FIRE GOING.
YOU KNOW HOW CINNAMON DOESN'T START SMELLING GOOD UNTIL YOU BOIL IT ! SAME CONCEPT.
LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS AS HE CAN ALSO LEND A HAND IN REMOVING THE MOLD BEHIND THE WALL IF THAT IS WHATS NEEDED.
HOPE THIS HELPS JUST ANOTHER FRIEND,GLADYS
Reply With Quote