View Single Post
Old 06-08-2002, 08:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have noticed that people all have their own ideas about what states make up the midwest. I live in the state capital of Iowa now but was raised in southern Ill until I was 15. So I guess I am a full fledged midwestener. lol

we have a lot of realtives who live in Texas. Dalas, san antonia, Lake Jackson, Huston, Amarillo, Austin, I can't remember the other 2. I have never been there but hope to get there soon. I don't think any of them would be happy to be called a midwestener though they are completely Texasn which is nothing like any other region in the world (according to them) lol hahaha

If you are looking for anitques and a fun place to spend the day in Iowa. Come to Des Moines and visit the Valley Junction section of town. There are many antique and specialtiy shops. It is a fun place because there is such a varity of things to see. They took the old downtown of West Des Moines and brought it back to life a few years ago. It has lived through 3 bad (hundred year) floods in the last 10 years but it has a lot of life to share. They even have special activities on some Sundays and on Thursday night. A real fun place to go. There are also several other places here in DM to go antiqueing. and junking

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.