FamilyCorner.com Forums - View Single Post - Clubs
Thread: Clubs
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 04:22 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question

Hi Wildflower,
I'm going through this right now! I'm a military wife and stay at home mom (in a brand new town) with need for adult interaction! I have two suggestions for you to meet other ladies. Number 1 (is what I'm currently doing) is to start a Bunko (or Bunco) group! There are always people looking to join one of these fun game groups and they are very easy to organize and play. You need from 4-12 people, we get together 1 night a month have a potluck (yeah) and then play a game of Bunko. I've found it easier to get people committed to a monthly game night where they will have some fun, food, friends, and prizes! There are lots of instructions, advice and supplies on the internet if you need more info, I can also help! Putting an ad in the local paper about a bunko group will also help you gather enough people, I've done it myself! The 2nd is to join a volunteer organization, whether it be a "Junior League" or "Mom's Club", that's an instant way to meet people with similar interests and do something good for your community at the same time.
Good luck! Hope I gave you some ideas you can use!
Wendi67