View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Ds came home today and couldnt wait to tell me all about their party.

All of grades gather in the gym/lunchroom to start the day instead of going straight to their classrooms. They sang "Happy Birthday" to Dr. Seuss before going to their classrooms. After gym (first period), they returned to their class to find their teacher dressed as the Cat in the Hat! He said she had a hat, a tie and even a tail, LOL!!

They read "The Cat in the Hat", colored pictures, sang songs and right before their snack they read "Green Eggs & Ham". During this story, his teacher exclaimed "OH MY" and looked toward the door....where the "REAL" Cat in the Hat" was standing. My son was so excited telling me that this person was wearing everything...even fur!!

The Cat stayed with them for their snack--which the teacher brought in especially for them..... of course it was GREEN EGGS & HAM!! DS said that he loved the ham but hated the eggs (wont ever eat them)...BUT...he told his teacher that they were good anyway. ;-)

They ended the day by wearing their Dr. Seuss hats outside so all of the parents could see them.

Ive already written a thank-you note to his teacher for planning such a nice day for them.

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!