FamilyCorner.com Forums - View Single Post - Birth announcement
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 04:39 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh, Lee Joshua Ryan and Megan Olivia they are such good names!!

My grandmother told me that when I pick names out for my kids I must go to the back door and yell them out the door several times. Then decide if that is really what I want to name them.

I don't think you are being selfish about your sil taking off work!! My sil was not working when I had my third baby. And she watched them, no less on Halloween, she had DH over for dinner, and even took the other two kids trick-or-treating. She even had to make up costumes for them because DH, forgot to take their costumes to her house for them!! I thought that was so sweet and going all out for them!!!

I know I was in the same situation you are in for our fourth child!! Luckily she was born on a Sunday, and that particular weekend my parents took all three of the older kids to the mountains with them. So, when I went into labor they were coming home from the mountains!!! But, the dr. wanted me at the hospital early for her, because all of my other labors were really really quick!!! But, not #4 I was in labor for 24 hrs with her. I did'nt follow Dr.s' orders and go as soon as labor started...luckily. I waited until DH, had slept for awhile and then I woke him up and we went to the hospital!!!

I only had my water break a little bit with one of my kids, with the rest of them they had to break it completely!! When my water broke a little with my third child I thought I peed myself in bed!!! How embarassing, the nurses even treated me like I was dumb, and that it was not enough of water for water to have broken, but when they tested me it was a little bit of my water but not all of it, so they did end up eventually breaking my water completely with her also!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!