FamilyCorner.com Forums - View Single Post - Buying the crafts on this site
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2002, 05:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky

Juliebell it sounds like you are trying to do the samr thing as I am. I want to add income so that my husband can quit his second full time job. (at 62 I'd rather not have him working 80 hrs a week ) For many years I was able to make my Christmas money by selling my crafts at my sisters boutique but once she stopped having it each year, I was without way to sell my things. So I am looking forward to being able to sell things with her new one this year.

No I don't think you started any controversy. I think we all learn a good lesson on being careful about using others ideas to make a profit. I for sure had never really thought about others when I was looking at design ideas before but I sure will now.

What kind of crafts do you enjoy doing? I might have some ideas from past years - ones that are my own design- that I would be glad to share with you. I remember what it was like to try to stay home and raise my girls while also needing to bring in more income. Sometimes it felt like I was trying to jump through several hoops at the same time. So I am more than happy to help out if I can.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.