Thread: Empty nesters
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2002, 07:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Jayne,

I am going to be 43 next month! I don't have an empty nest yet, but I can see it coming!

My son is 20 and in university and my daughter will be starting her last year of high school in the fall. Sometime, I think it sounds like a horrible thing to have them go and sometimes I think that it can't happen soon enough!

I don't believe that I will be bored when they are gone. I figure, I will just do all the same things I do now...without cleaning up after them! LOL!

In some ways it would be nice to have some time alone with DH again. We can hardly remember when it was just the two of us! I got pregnant right after we got married(literally 3 weeks!), so it would be nice to rediscover life as just a couple!

I do think that I will miss them though. After all, they will always be my babies! I tell them that quite often. Sometimes, one of them will get a look that I remember them making when they were a baby and I can see that sweet little face again. I will never forget how wonderful it was to give birth to them, nurture them and just be their Mommy. It was the fulfillment of what I had hoped for as long as I can remember.

I look forward to ge a Grandma someday(not right now!), so I can do it all over again! My Mom tells me it is even better!

Jenna