View Single Post
Old 05-26-2002, 08:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Location: I'm in UT, but I dream of moving to a greener more affordable state.
NYS horse dream

sorry if I wrote in a misleading way. I love the farm I grew up on but my brother owns it and doesn't want to sell because his x will get half of everything. In the meanwhile, he hasn't taken care of it and almost all the big barns are fallen down, and what is left is in awful state. My son made me promise not to cry when I seen it! I imagine that it would cost far more to repair it than to buy this place that has 86 acres and several large outbuildings + the house all for under $200,000.

Actually it is when we were traveling thru MO on our way back from NYS that I found my dream place. But thank you for your reply. I think you are right about taxes in NY, even when I was growing up, my parents often said NY had the highest taxes because we had to bail out NYC from their bankrupcy problems. Yes, upstate has a bit of animosity toward the big apple!

I have lots of questions about MO but don't really know where to ask them, or webpages to do research on! I need to do lots of reserch on MO and I would like to find out about VA Loans, Small Bussiness Loans anything that would help us pay debts and get started in my business. (I'm already 45 and if I don't make this dream come true soon, then I guess there is no use of dreaming!)