View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 12:05 AM
Head Moderator

Carb Free Cloud Bread

3 eggs, separated
3 tbsp whole milk cottage cheese OR 3 tbsp cream cheese
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 (1 g) packet artificial sweetener

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Separate the eggs (there must be NO yolk in the white). In a bowl mix together the egg yolks, cottage cheese OR cream cheese and the sweetener till smooth. In another bowl add the cream of tartar to the whites and beat on high with mixer till they are fluffy and form very nice peaks. VERY carefully fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites till mixed, but DO NOT break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much. Spray two cookie sheets with a fat free cooking spray. With a large spoon SCOOP the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets(about 3/4" thick and 4 to 5" across). Bake on middle rack in oven. These have to be watched because you want the cooking time the same on the two batches. It is about 1/2 hour, but your individual oven may cook different than mine. You want them to be about the color of a regular bun. Remove from the cookie sheets and cool on a cooling rack. While these are warm they will crumble easy so let them cool completely! Once they have cooled completely you can seal them in either a ziploc style bag or tupperware type container (I like the tupperware type ctn., because it protects them). They will also totally change their consistency to something more like bread; a softer texture that is nice and chewy. If you do not like that texture eat them as they are ..crispy. The sides that was on the pan will be flat so use that side to spread things on or like a burger bun.
I do have to say that these are much more like a "bread" than other low carb "breads" I have tried!