View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have an issue with selling alcohol for funds going to under age teens - volunteering or not. See's candy has some deal for selling certain types of their candy bars for philanthropic projects, companies will make deals with parents / schools for selling their products for school age children projects. I would look into those types of options if no one is interested in the old fashion car wash and bake sale. Another option is having a luncheon or picnic with raffles. Use some of the baked items for prizes, anyone do crafts? Use those for the raffle items. Have the kids make special brochures for activities they can do (i.e pet care; yard care, child/geriatric care, etc) and put them in the raffle (make certain that the student puts his/her name and contact on it so they can keep their promise, or school name if it is a big activity).
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins