View Single Post
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2003, 05:44 AM
nagymom's Avatar
nagymom nagymom is offline
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hooterville, NC
Posts: 1,523
What happened if he sign the paper and they decide not to continue with the adoption?
In our case (ex giving up rights) once those papers were signed, there was no going back--per the courts. So make sure you know what you're doing. ALL legal rights are terminated.

Child support is also terminated--you are no longer a legal parent so you should have no support to pay. However, a lawyer is the best one to answer these questions. If you can't afford one then check your local bar association for any that will offer free advice. I know in Alabama when my daughters/grandkids were on WIC I'd see flyers about free legal advice hanging in the Health Department.

The ORIGINALnagymom

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Reply With Quote