View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bless your heart Miss Kitty. Adoption takes a very special individual to be able to parent someone else's child as their own. Similar to you, I am also an adoptee. The only difference is that we have not adopted human children over the years, we adopted cats (long story). We did have the chance once to foster-parent my GN, but we were in the upheaval of moving, and chose to not make her life anymore confusing than it already was for a two year-old.
I have since been reunited with my B-F...some still K.I.T.
Recently I met a young woman (she's bit older than I am) who read an article in a local paper about a BM looking for her A-BD. I have been assisting her in her questions about the letter /phone/in-person reunion. Somethings she could do and other things that should wait, and to let the BM share what she is ready to share. To journal all her feelings, thoughts, Q/A's, and experiences - the journals will help later on during the reflection and when the BM passes on. She thought I was weird and was uncertain of how honest I was being with her, until she returned to the place where she works and mentioned how long they had talked during their initial verbal meeting... she said she thought it was only about 45 minutes, but her BF said she was still on the phone we she left 90 minutes into the call.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins