View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

I make what have lovingly become "goody baskets" for my bros/sis, and adult nieces and nephews. I garden and can all summer long. So every ones basket gets home canned goodies, salsa, jelly, syrup, pickles, relishes, sauces, etc. This year I making homemade crackers to go in with the n/n's salsa and relish. Also making homemade ranch dressing mix.
For baskets I used to get used ones at yard sales and thrift stores for pennies. Now I use re-usable grocery bags - 2 gifts in one!
My bros. & sis also get a big bag of cookies that mom used to make in theirs. They are an old German recipe that everyone loves. They only get them this one time a year, so it makes them extra special.

As kids get to be about 16, they start asking their Aunty if they are old enough to get goody bags! How cute.
Everyone loves them, they get stuff they wouldn't get at the store, and who doesn't have to eat??
It really cost virtually no money, it's special and done with love, and they all look forward to them.

My Mom used to always have Christmas at her house. Now my oldest sis has taken on the job. We all pitch in our favorites and have a lovely family dinner, then exchange our gifts of love. It's always special. It's one of the few times of the year that we all get together.

I really love the holidays.