View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My parents were very frugal about thickening the walls in my childhood home, and learned a few tricks along the way (esp when you rent)...I used a quilt also between our kitchen and laundry-room (our old Illinois home), my parents made storage units for toys, clothes, etc on the walls in our home, and of course closet space. In our all the homes we've rented, I have put bookcases, curio cabinets, and / or file cabinets against shared walls, this includes dressers. When we owned our house in Illinois, we bought some of those cans of insulation - you make a small hole in the walls, and fill. They were about $5.00 give or take, but that was almost 10 years ago.
I try not to put the tv on the "shared" wall with a neighbor... For the bathroom, if you have room and can find some inexpensively, get the bathroom accessory units the storage over the toilet, and decorative peel and press (many can be non-sticky or easy peel off furniture types) - this will assist in "spotty" sound traveling.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins