View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, I threw my daughter a Sweet 16 party. The party was a pool party. We got a Intex swimming pool from WM this summer. So it was used for the party. I made table decorations, consisting of 2 silk flower arrangements from flowers I had one hand, and using matching glass empty Salsa jars. The arrangements had pink and blue ribbon tied around the glass vases/jars. I also put a long pink party table cloth over 2 tables and did a buffet style table. It has pink and blue streamers running down the middle of the table and a pink and blue balloon on the table too. The snacks were cheese dip, and tortilla chips, as well as potato chips. Also mini yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I made the mini cupcakes in my cupcake maker. Also we had an ice cream cake from WM. My husband wrote happy sweet sixteen and her name with icing on the cake. The girls did face painting, and jumped on our big trampoline with enclosure, as well as swam in the pool. The guests all seemed to enjoy the party and so did my daughter. The weather was perfect for the outdoor part of the party. To keep flies at bay, we had the food all indoors. Oh, I also put up pink and blue streamers hung from the ceiling and looped through the chandelier in the dining room. I also had a birthday banner I made on the front porch railing and we had pink and blue balloons tied to the mailbox outside our house. It was a lot of fun, we had a cooler for drinks and easy access to them too.