Thread: Back to school!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Big Grin Back to school!

It's that time again! I just dropped my kids off for their first day back this year even though we've been to the school for the last few days working with the PTA.

I still get butterflies in my stomach when I drop them off. I can't believe that my son is in 8th grade already and that my baby is in 3rd grade!! I look back through all of the posts that I've made here, she wasn't even born when I started posting here. I remember her first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday. In her head, she was all ready to go...until it was time for me to leave her there by herself. She cried and begged me not to go. I cried because my heart broke leaving her there that way. Her teacher assured me that she would take great care of her and that things would be ok. Of course she was right.

Things have changed and she's grown so much. She couldn't wait to get dressed this morning in her outfit that she picked out to look like Carly on ICarly. She was ready for 3rd grade. I dropped her off in front of the school, she jumped out, said goodbye and never looked back. And again, I cried all the way home.

Now I have to walk away to grab a Kleenex because I'm still crying.

They drive me nuts but watching them head to school, they make me proud. They'll be just fine....and so will I, once this wave of emotions is over.

How did your school year start off?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Last edited by ajrsmom; 08-25-2011 at 04:34 AM.