View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello all!

No one has posted here for a while. Is this thread still open? I just wanted to share what I did last week. I have made 2 out of three of Shelly9963's receipes on page one of this thread. I have now come to call the first one Shelly Jelly Roast or Brisket. It is sooooo good & I save the left overs to add to another of my own favorite receipes which is Brunswick Stew. Next I modified the second receipe. I took cheap chicken thighs, took the skin off & since I have never seen or tried old bay seasoning, I used a powdered BBQ seasoning I like. It was very very good. The flavor had gone all throughout the chicken instead of just the outer layer. Usually my dh is not enthusiastic about chicken on the bone receipes, but he actually said it was really good with no coaxing at all. He also said he couldn't tell it was dark meat, which is another good sign as he really prefers the more expensive white meat (which I don't prefer & don't like to buy!) And both receipes are very easy!! I hope to really begin using my crock pot more & more. This is a good step forward for me.
Thanks Shelly!