View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Ideas for staff "welcome back" gifts from the PTA?

I'm in search of ideas that I could use to make small welcome back gifts for the staff (about 100 people) for my dd's elem. school. The gifts will have to cost in total $100. or less and would be for the teachers, asst. teachers, bus drivers, lunch crew, maintenance..etc.

Last year I made "encourageMINT" bags: little yellow paper bags filled with mints and strips of papers with written encouraging sayings on them that I looked up, printed out, cut out and added to the bags. The bags were cute but very time consuming on my end! But at least the mints could be eaten.

The year before, the lady who had my position on the PTA board put together a cup with little things like an eraser, a paperclip...with sayings for them. Nothing wrong with this but I don't think that it served any purpose.

This year, I would like put together something that they could use or eat (not homemade).

Here are a couple of ideas that I've come up with but I have problems with these, too. (noted in red).

Friendship Tea spooned into tiny containers or baby food jars with a little note card attached. (Problem: I don't know where to find 100 baby food jars or little containers for a decent price.) This was my favorite idea but I'm beating my brain trying to think of something to use to hold the tea. Help!!

Sanity Saver treats: a granola bar, a drink mix tube, a couple of Hershey Kisses and a pack of gum stuffed into a toilet paper tube and decorated with tissue paper. (Problem: finding enough toilet paper tubes or even paper towel tubes to = 100.)

If you have any ideas for me, please post them!!

Thanks!
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!