View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Head Moderator

We build wooden "caskets" for all the animals because I am afraid of being in the woods something would start digging in the Memorial Garden if we didn't. So they have a casket and are buried with their "baby blankets" covering them and laying on one and their favorite toy goes with them. I do take pictures although I just pack them away for now. They are still missed and I guess always will be. Each grave has a marker we construct with their name, birth date, and death date and a little saying . I collect angels from the thrift store and place those on the graves. I go and visit with them all sometimes, but with it being near the house I can see the cemetary from the front windows once all the leaves are gone from the trees.

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life