View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I had to retire for health reasons. As many on here know. After my total hip sugery things went awry. Instead of 4 days in the hospital I was there for a month and now have CPOD in my resume' of ailments.
I crochet, which helped past some of the bordom. The problem was what do I do with all the crochet (family and friends only need so much), and our church provided that answer. I crochet dishcloths and also small toys for the church to had out to families in need. I'm also in our sewing ministry, and we do walker bags, crib size quilts we give to Ronald McDonald house, and our F.I.T. projects.
My friend (who is more able body than me) does Meals on Wheels, and has fun learning to paint among other things at the senior center. They pick a project in Oct. to help a family in Dec. It's for the working poor, and sometimes one or both of the parents are trying but unable to find work. Her thing is that there is always something out there, and we just have to find it. Did I mention she is 76 yrs young?? Hope you find something you'll enjoy!