|Go on a hazard hunt around the house, to prevent |
serious accidents. Make sure you know what
chemicals you have in your house and garage.
Then take the proper precautions:
* Read labels. Make a list of the hazardous products
with emergency care information.
* Store hazardous household products according to
* Make sure all containers are closed, to avoid spills
and escaping vapors.
* Store aerosols away from fireplaces, radiators, space
heaters and other heat-generating sources.
* Check that labels on hazardous products are secure
Also make sure you know the proper disposal method
for hazardous materials. Your local sanitation officials
can give you details on the policies in your community.
Tips courtesy of FamilyCorner.com Magazine -- http://familycorner.com
May be printed for personal and educational purposes only.
Copyright © 2005, FamilyCorner.com Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Click to return to the tip