|For a safe, healthy trip when you're driving a |
* Do most of your driving during daytime hours.
Visual acuity is lessened at night.
* Take 20- to 30-minute rest breaks after every
one-and-one-half to two hours of driving.
* Exercise (and stretch) during your breaks.
* Eat frequent high-protein snacks, for improved
* Switch frequently with an alternate driver, if you
* Keep your eyes moving, rather than staring
straight ahead, even if you seem to be the only
car on the road.
* Request to be checked periodically for alertness
by your fellow travelers, if you have any.
Tips courtesy of FamilyCorner.com Magazine -- http://familycorner.com
May be printed for personal and educational purposes only.
Copyright © 2005, FamilyCorner.com Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Click to return to the tip