5 Guidelines To Being A Better Parent
The greatest opportunity to influence the world positively
is through the children you raise. Can you provide your
children with the kind of healthy upbringing that will make
you a proud parent? YES, YOU CAN!
* Spend at least 15 minutes each day talking to your
children, to find out what's on their minds.
* Lead by example. Communicate your values
through your actions.
* Pay close to attention to any signs of trouble and
seek professional help when appropriate.
* Apologize when you've hurt them and admit when
* Reinforce positive behavior by praising it honestly.
* Don't ignore your own welfare or that of your
spouse, by getting totally absorbed in the lives
of your children.
Tips courtesy of FamilyCorner.com Magazine -- http://familycorner.com
May be printed for personal and educational purposes only.
Copyright © 2005, FamilyCorner.com Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Click to return to the tip