Protect Your Family By Preparing For Disaster
It's a good idea to be prepared for any type of disaster.
Even a power outage caused by a storm can devastate
some households. Consider these preparations:
1. Have on hand bottled water and canned food.
2. Make a disaster kit complete with batteries, candles,
matches and a first-aid kit.
3. Write down important phone numbers in a central location
so everyone will know how to contact relatives.
4. Discuss your disaster plan with your family. Where will
you meet? How will you know everyone is okay?
5. Conduct disaster drills, at regular intervals, so
everyone knows what to do.
Also consider circumstances unique to your home. If you
have an electronic garage door opener, for example, do
you know how get the door open during a power failure?
Look around your home, to assess your specific needs.
Tips courtesy of FamilyCorner.com Magazine -- http://familycorner.com
May be printed for personal and educational purposes only.
Copyright © 2005, FamilyCorner.com Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Click to return to the tip