|* Take a metal spoon and run it under cold water. Place the |
metal on the puffy area for at least 60 seconds.
* Apply hemorrhoid cream (look for brands that contain
ingredients of yeast and shark's liver oil) to the puffy
area. Insiders have known for years that in just the way it
gets the swelling out of that other area, it works the same
way for the face.
* Thin cucumber slices used as compresses over closed eyes
will relieve sore, puffy eyes.
* A black tea bag soaked in cold water on each eye for ten
minutes will reduce swelling caused by fluid retention.
Gently press from inner to outer corners to hasten drainage.
* Avoid salty foods, which cause the under eye area (and the
rest of your body) to hold fluid.
* Elevate your head when you sleep, to keep fluid from
settling around your eyes.
Tips courtesy of FamilyCorner.com Magazine -- http://familycorner.com
May be printed for personal and educational purposes only.
Copyright © 2005, FamilyCorner.com Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Click to return to the tip