Soap. Regular cleaning with plain soap and hot water
will kill some bacteria. Keep things dry. Mold, mildew,
and bacteria cannot live without moisture.

Borax has long been recognized for its disinfectant
and deodorizing properties. Mix 1/2 cup Borax into
1 gallon hot water and clean with this solution.

Isopropyl Alcohol*. This is an excellent disinfectant.
Sponge and allow to dry. (It must dry to do its job.)
Use in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves.

Tips courtesy of FamilyCorner.com Magazine -- http://familycorner.com

May be printed for personal and educational purposes only.
Copyright © 2005, FamilyCorner.com Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Click to return to the tip