Restaurant Reviewer's Dining-Out Secrets
* Never order fish on Monday -- odds are, it was
fresh on Saturday.
* Best time to make a dinner reservation at a popular
restaurant is about six hours before you want to eat.
That is when cancellations start coming in.
* Avoid dining out on holidays. Restaurants are so
overbooked that they often charge double for the
same meals they serve every day.
* Better: Have your special meal the day before or after
* Become a regular. The best restaurant is the one at
which you are known.
* Go out for lunch. Restaurants that are always full for
dinner are often desperate for midday business and
may charge half as much then for the same menu items.
* Avoid new restaurants for at least three months -- while
they work out the kinks.
* Be nice. It's the surest way to get good service.
Tips courtesy of FamilyCorner.com Magazine -- http://familycorner.com
May be printed for personal and educational purposes only.
Copyright © 2005, FamilyCorner.com Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Click to return to the tip