|Consider taking the following precautions to protect |
yourself from telephone sales fraud:
* Don't ever give your credit card number or checking
account number for any reason other than making a purchase.
* Know the company that you are dealing with. If you have
questions or doubts about a company, check with your state
or local consumer protection office, before making a
* Keep a record of your transactions, including the name,
address and telephone number of the company, as well as the
purchase cost and date.
* Always ask whether there are any additional fees for
shipping, handling, sales tax or insurance.
* Ask about refund and exchange policies.
* Know the total cost of the merchandise before you buy.
* Don't be pressured to act on impulse. Take time to
understand an offer and talk it over with someone you trust.
Reliable offers don't expire at "midnight tonight."
Source: "The Bottom Line Bargain Book" (adapted)
Tips courtesy of FamilyCorner.com Magazine -- http://familycorner.com
May be printed for personal and educational purposes only.
Copyright © 2005, FamilyCorner.com Magazine, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Click to return to the tip