20 School Supply Crafts for Back to School

August 1st, 2013 posted by Rebecca Brea

20 School Supply Crafts for Back to School - FamilyCorner.com

With the beginning of school just a few short weeks away, think about getting the kids excited for a new year with some school supply craft projects. While they may not be too enthused right now about returning to school, every kid loves stuffing their backpack with new supplies. Host a craft day with their friends – this round-up of creative projects will get even the most resistant back-to-schooler excited about the big day!

1. Have the kids outgrown those jeans?  Check out this denim covered pencil can.
  2. Make those composition notebooks pop by creating a bandana covered notebook.
  3. This one requires a bit of sewing but makes a cool pencil case – see-through zipper pouches.
  4. Easily dress up those boring No. 2′s with some tape and paint to make these decorated pencils.
  5. Great for keeping themselves organized, this fabric covered corkboard is also easily personalized.
  6. This personalized pencil case is fun to young kids and great for holding all your pens and pencils.
  7. This adorable desktop supply box will hold all your necessary tools and supplies, perfect for your homework desk.
  8. Sport out his backpack with this cool sports MVP backpack tutorial!
  9. Dress up an already pretty note book with bold polka dots to show your personality.
  10. Scrapbook meets book cover in this awesome ModPodge book cover project.
  11. Your teen will have to keep the lockerazzi at bay with these sassy locker accessories.
  12. Make these fun pencil theme bookmarks from craft sticks and paint, great for your school books!
  13. Cute felt bear pencil toppers will make the whole class smile!
  14. These book blankets can be customized with a pocket or pen holder.
  15. Help your emerging reader keep his place in that book with a giant googly eye pointer.
  16. Make big crayons for little hands with this recycled chunky crayons craft.
  17. Corral your budding artist’s supplies in an artist’s organizer.
  18. Dress up a binder to tell the story of your summer vacation travels!
  19. Jot quick notes right on the bookmark with this Post-It bookmark idea.
  20. These bottle cap bug magnets are great for lockers and hanging that “A” on the fridge!

For more back to school fun and advice, check out our entire back to school section. You’ll find much more than just crafts and recipes, including ways to save money on back to school gear, expert parenting advice, homework tips, and even bullying advice!

Rebecca Brea
Rebecca Brea (9 Posts)

Rebecca began reading blogs to connect, learn from and share information with other moms about the parenting experience. This was a natural extension of her participation on community message boards during her struggle with infertility in the late 90s. Rebecca says “As I laughed, was moved by, and recognized myself in so many great blogs, I realized I had been ‘blogging’ in one form or another for most of my life – in diaries, notes on calendars and scrapbooks – so I decided to start one of my own.” Mom Meets Blog peeks in on this later-in-life mom with a fantastic son who’s faced his own challenges and is currently navigating tweendom, karate, middle school, and piano lessons, a workaholic husband overseeing a busy family business, and her role in managing it all - motherhood, midlife and a blog.

Featured Contributor

Cindy Rowe
Cindy Rowe (7 Posts)

Cindy Rowe is the owner/editor of Crazylou Creations blog. On the blog, you will find a little bit of crazy, and a whole lot of fun! As a FT working mother, she still finds time to create crafts, play around in the kitchen, plan parties and exercise. You'll find all of this and more on her blog!

Contests & Giveaways

Win Fun Stuff!

Check out all the fun goodies we are
giving away here!

Featured Giveaway

***WE HAVE A WINNER!**** Our #2 Anonymous Poster says: What an awesome giveaway! I’d love to win this and give it to my grandkids for Christmas! Thanks for the giveaway  […]   READ ARTICLE

Giveaways change every couple of weeks, so be sure to check back often.

Coming up!

Orange Carrot Less-Drip Ice Pops
OrangeCarrotIcePop feature

Parents are always looking for ways to sneak some vegetables into their child’s diet. Well, unless your kids are avid carrot lovers, just call these orange ice pops — they’ll […]