20 School Supply Crafts for Back to School
August 1st, 2013 posted by Rebecca Brea
With the beginning of school just a few short weeks away, think about getting the kids excited for a new year with some school supply craft projects. While they may not be too enthused right now about returning to school, every kid loves stuffing their backpack with new supplies. Host a craft day with their friends – this round-up of creative projects will get even the most resistant back-to-schooler excited about the big day!
- Have the kids outgrown those jeans? Check out this denim covered pencil can.
- Make those composition notebooks pop by creating a bandana covered notebook.
- This one requires a bit of sewing but makes a cool pencil case – see-through zipper pouches.
- Easily dress up those boring No. 2’s with some tape and paint to make these decorated pencils.
- Great for keeping themselves organized, this fabric covered corkboard is also easily personalized.
- This personalized pencil case is fun to young kids and great for holding all your pens and pencils.
- This adorable desktop supply box will hold all your necessary tools and supplies, perfect for your homework desk.
- Sport out his backpack with this cool sports MVP backpack tutorial!
- Dress up an already pretty note book with bold polka dots to show your personality.
- Scrapbook meets book cover in this awesome ModPodge book cover project.
- Your teen will have to keep the lockerazzi at bay with these sassy locker accessories.
- Make these fun pencil theme bookmarks from craft sticks and paint, great for your school books!
- Cute felt bear pencil toppers will make the whole class smile!
- These book blankets can be customized with a pocket or pen holder.
- Help your emerging reader keep his place in that book with a giant googly eye pointer.
- Make big crayons for little hands with this recycled chunky crayons craft.
- Corral your budding artist’s supplies in an artist’s organizer.
- Dress up a binder to tell the story of your summer vacation travels!
- Jot quick notes right on the bookmark with this Post-It bookmark idea.
- These bottle cap bug magnets are great for lockers and hanging that “A” on the fridge!
For more back to school fun and advice, check out our entire back to school section. You’ll find much more than just crafts and recipes, including ways to save money on back to school gear, expert parenting advice, homework tips, and even bullying advice!