15 Fall Activities Your Kids Will Love
August 20th, 2013 posted by Cindy Rowe
Crisp mornings, sunny afternoons and cozy nights. What’s not to love about fall? It’s hard to believe that fall is on our doorsteps! Keep up the family togetherness from your summer with these great autumn activities the entire family will love!
- Visit an apple orchard and pick-your-own apples! This is one of my fall favorites. We are fortunate to have a local apple orchard where they sell the best apple cider donuts in the world. Seriously!
- Make CrockPot Apple Crisp. Since you’ve picked your apples, this recipe will help you use them up (and make the house smell amazing) and the kids like helping, too.
- Go through a corn maze.
- Rake leaves into a pile and JUMP! I loved doing this as a kid! Better yet, rake up leaves for an elderly neighbor.
- Round up the neighbors and play football. Follow that up with a chili cook-off! We have a recipe you can try.
- Make a scarecrow and display on your front porch or yard.
- Paint pumpkins instead of carving them. Each child uses their own imagination to come up with their unique design.
- Creepy Blood Shot Eyes–this is a treat we make every year!
- Roast pumpkin seeds. Here is a great pumpkin seed recipe for this fall treat.
- How about a round of Pumpkin Bowling?
- Make Jello Worms. They gross me out, which probably means the kids will LOVE them!
- Visit a pumpkin patch. The kids will love walking through the field to find their perfect pumpkin!
- Go on a hay ride. Follow it up with hot chocolate!
- Visit your community Fall Festival.
- Make caramel apples.
Fall time is perfect for getting the family together and reconnecting. Any of these activities will be enjoyed by kids of all ages. Happy Fall Y’all!