Adjusting Your Fitness Routine with the Seasons
October 11th, 2013 posted by Cindy Rowe
Fall is the season of change, right? So this would also be the perfect time to switch up your fitness routine. Here are some suggestions for keeping the momentum of the warm months going:
- Thinking about taking up running? Fall is the perfect time to start. The cooler temps allows for a more comfortable run. Here are a few tips from Fitness World Revolution to consider when taking up running in the fall.
- Hit the trails. Nature hikes in the fall not only provide you a great workout, but the opportunity to enjoy nature at its finest! Be sure to bring a camera. Here’s a list of the Top 100 trails in North America. Want to include the kids? Check out these tips for taking your child on a nature hike.
- Not much for running or hiking? Is walking more your speed? Grab your shoes and go! Take your dog, too. You’ll both benefit from the fresh air and exercise.
- Not much of an outside person? Hit the gym. Most gyms run a fall special to spike membership before the Holidays. Check out a new group class like Zumba, Yoga or Pilates. Or, consider hiring a personal training to get you on a program to fight the upcoming holiday pounds!
- Love sports? Why not join a league? Many communities have adult sports leagues, such as volleyball, basketball and pickleball. You’re getting in your fitness time along with your social time! That’s a big win!
- Videos are also a great way to change up your fitness routine. There are many FREE YouTube Channels that have full-length fitness routines. Or, swap videos with a friend to change things up!
- You think you are too busy? Check out these doable fitness tips for busy moms.
Grab your shoes and your fitness gear and get out there. Being active and staying active is important regardless of the season. Stop making excuses and start moving.