10 Wall Art Ideas That You Can Make Yourself
May 27th, 2013 posted by Vicki O'Dell
June and July are the most popular months for moving. Whether you’ve purchased a new house across town or are moving across the country for a new job it can be tricky to add art to the walls of your new abode without breaking the bank. Especially since your bank is probably already stressed from expenses related to the move.
On the other hand large expanses of blank wall can be hard to live with. It’s your home and you want it to feel like one. Here are 10 DIY wall art projects you can make yourself to fill those blank walls.
1. DIY Herringbone Metallic Artwork from While They Snooze
2. DIY Chevron Stripe Canvas Board from Southern Color
3. Paint Chip Wall Art from Liz Apple
4. DIY Peacock Feather Triptych from DIY Show Off
5. Ironstone & Tarnished Spoons Displays from Knick of Time
6. Pallet Headboard from Little Bits Of
7. Stenciled Wall Art from Suzy’s Artsy-Craftsy Sitcom
8. DIY Floral Wall Art With Nailhead Trim from Live Love DIY
9. DIY Wall Art Using Chargers from Second Chance to Dream
10. Make Easy Initial Wall Art from Mod Podge Rocks
The best part about creating your own wall art is that you can personalize your art to fit your particular tastes, the size and scale of the wall you are adding art to and the style of the home you are decorating.
No matter what your taste these 10 projects feature affordable supplies and seem relatively easy to make for the average DIYer. And the best part is that many of the supplies used can be found on the curb or the local thrift shop.
The only problem now is deciding which project to begin with!