Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:01 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today Section 11

What Did You Do Frugal Today Sec. 11

Welcome to our new edition of What Did You Do Frugal Today, one of the most popular threads on Family Corner. Please share with us what you do to save money and live a more frugal lifestyle.

Anna & Robin

Frugal Living Moderators

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 05-16-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

joining
Old 05-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Joining also.

Melly
Old 05-16-2005, 04:51 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Good evening all!!

What a wild day.

My sister showed up at my house is containers and lids from the restaurant that I can sell at the yard sale. I jusst need to re-wash them.

Then I stopped at the store on the way in because the woman I take to work daily was coming in later. I got 3 more of the Carapelli pasta and sauce for $1.00 after coupons.

Then it was crazy at work. I ended up staying almost 1/2 hour late to finish a project that I didn't learn about until 3 p.m. But it is in the mail.

When my sister was here this morning, she told me my nephew had sprained his ankle yesterday skateboarding. I thought that was an odd thing because when I saw him at dinner last night, he didn't complain about anything, except how hungry he was.

But his father wrapped it this morning, and his mother took him to 1) the peditrician, 2) the x-ray place, 3) back to the peditrician, and 4) to the orthopedist, who re-wrapped it, and told him no skateboarding for at least 4 weeks, no gym for the rest of the school year and that he had broken a bone in his foot.

So I had to go pick him up at her 2nd job. I went to get him, and she insisted that we stay for dinner, and then refused to let me have the bill - so I left a nice tip instead.

I got him settled for the night - aspirin, ice, etc. He'll be fine.

And then I came home to a very hungry cat, and I went outside after I fed him, to find that I have one less tree in my year (or what was left of one that ws cut down a couple of years ago and was rotting away. It seems that my boyfriend just pushed it over, it doesn't look like he used that new axe he made me buy, at all.

One down, one to go.

Well ladies, I better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 05-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

JOB interview

I've finally got a call about another job and it may be a little too late since I already decided to move. Nothings written in stone, but there are gonna be more situations where theres no one to watch my child and I'll be in the same situation I'm in now. If its better than my current job which is no longer stressful since switching departments, its just BORING. I'll go to that one, if the money is right and the hours are right, if not, I'll stay bored until I move. I really do hope I can find someone to watch my daughter next week or I am in serious trouble. I am sick of the small town resources, they were great when Lea was a toddler and I was in school, there was daycares and I could take her to class with me etc. Now, half those daycares are gone and she's too old for them and the in-home daycare people I did now don't have it anymore etc. She's not old enough to be left at home and I can no longer bring her to work with me, so I am in serious trouble here! Wish me luck everyone in finding Someone to watch her even if its just two days so I can put her in one of the summer programs they have...one is $225-(she'd need to be watched 1 day), the other is $100-(she'd need to be watched 2 days), and the last one is $45-(she'd be out of school for over a week)- with no one to watch her. So, wish me luck, I need it!!!

Last edited by leasmom; 05-16-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Old 05-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I went Wally shopping

Sounds funny huh?
2 of the best shoppers I know are both men. Wally and Roman. They find the most incredible bargains. Wally taught me how to shop at Sams. *he verified this with an employee so I'm going to believe it is true*

Any price ending in a 1 is on clearance. I now browse quickly through every aisle looking for a "1" out of the corner of my eye. Here's what I got:

2# white choc chips .81c
8 turkey mignons wrapped in bacon $4.81
12 pack of clorox wipes (9 in a pack) travel packs .91c
there were some chafing dish things for some hugely cheap price too but I'll never use them, so on the shelf they stayed.

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 05-17-2005, 02:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LJsmom, that is true...the prices ending in 1 at Sam's are clearance prices. I have found some good ones too but not as many as you in one trip! Good going!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:27 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! Frugal today is staying home and not spending money anywhere. I need to do some serious housecleaning. This weekend, we are finally doing our garden. We are kind of late this year. Well, take care, ladies and have a great day!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just subscribing

Closed Thread