Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Ages & Stages > Toddlers

Toddlers What did your toddler do today? Is he getting into everything? Tell us all about the smiles and frustrations here!

View Poll Results: What age was your child/(ren) potty trained?
I had super potty powers. My child was trained by one. 1 7.69%
My potty powers were rather good. my child was trained by two. 4 30.77%
My child was pretty average and was trained by three. 9 69.23%
I was afraid my child would go to kindergarten in diapers, and was trained by four 4 30.77%
I had my child fully potty trained, but, night time was hard. 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2008, 07:59 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

What age was your child/(ren) potty trained?

Okay, so, I have switched to cloth diapers. But, only during the day, I would like to start using cloth diapers at night also.

I know I can buy diaper doublers that are more absorbent. I am just not sure if I want to bother to spend the money on them. Just in case, he would train soon. And would have been able to just use that money on cheap disposables.

You may vote multiple times, as I know some have more than one child.

So, i thought I would get an average of ages of when toddlers have been potty trained. That would give me a better idea as whether or not to buy them.

At this point, I am thinking it will be worth it.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!

Last edited by mom2-4; 06-19-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:10 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Here is what I can remember from my other four children.

DD1 was potty trained by two, but, Grandma babysat her and Grandma was a potty pusher.

DS1 got the vote for being afraid of going to school in diapers, he just had such a problem with his bowels.

DD2, well she was trained at 2 1/2. With no work! It was the middle of July, she had the chicken pox. And of course they were in her diaper area, so, I chanced it to help clear them up, and put panties on her. Well, when she peed and it made her leg all wet, that was it for her.

DD3, she was just a little over three, and I had enough of diapers with her. And we did the Dr. Phil potty training technique. And she was trained in a week.

DS2, well only time will tell. Although at 1 1/2 he is already coming and telling me. "Ah(I) poo pooped, ewww." Not sure if that is a sign, but, I think for a boy he is not ready. Or should I run with it?

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Both my daughters were toilet-trained by the time they were a year old...My son was almost 11 months when he was competely toilet trained...I found he was the easiest...
Old 06-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I had no problems with my boys, summer was a great time as it's quicker and easier to get to the toilet, didn't do a potty we has the inner toilet circle.
Both were fully trianed by 2yrs, ds2 was a couple of months before that.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:23 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

My oldest two were 27 months, the third was 29 months. The youngest not until she was 4. Not that she wasn['t trained, she was just too stubborn. She had panties in every "fashion" imaginable. Her own potty, prizes, etc. She was just stubborn. She wore pull ups, and would go to the potty if she wanted to.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

All three of my girls were all trained around 2 yrs of age...
Old 09-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

As a daycare provider and a mom, on average I have found that most girls are potty trained (both day & night) between the age of 2 and 21/2 while most boys are completely trained between the age of 3 and 31/2. some children train a bit earlier and some a bit later but that is what I have found to be about the average age. (where accidents are extremely rare that is)

~Mother Theresa

Old 09-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have three girls and 1 boy,and they were all trained by the time they were 2 years.My youngest daughter has 4 and the frist three were trained by 2 years but her baby trained by 1/2.I think that had a lot to do with having two older brothers and he swa them going to the potty so he started.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My daughter was potty trained at 14 months. We brought home her baby brother and she suddenly refused to wear diapers. It took me a week of stepping in puddles before I learned to get her to the potty in time!

Both of my sons were trained in the summer, my oldest at 27 months my youngest at 32 months.

Secret 2yrs 10 mos, Sunshine 4 and still had a few accidents in kindergarten, Summer 2 yr 1 mo, & Sky 2 1/2 yrs.

Night training was hard. My husband's family has a physical problem, the muscle that holds the door from the urethra shut is weak. They cannot keep this door shut when they sleep. Most of them out grow the problem by the time they are 10 yrs old.

My children were bed wetters until 8 & 9 yrs old.

Secret did not inherit the weak door and slept dry by 6 months. Sunshine was out of nighttime pull ups when she turned 8, Summer is 7 and is usually dry, Sky is 5 and half the time she is dry.

We use pull ups until they can be dry for 5 days in a row, then they get to wear panties until they start having wet nights again.

Children who can't stand being wet or dirty are easier to day train.

Children over 3 who wake up wet 2 or more times each night may have a physical problem, talk to your doctor. No child wants to wake up in a wet bed!

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBeanieBaby
Both my daughters were toilet-trained by the time they were a year old...My son was almost 11 months when he was competely toilet trained...I found he was the easiest...
Wow, now that is amazing! And you never had to remind them? That is the potty training I look for, the no reminding part. Cause if I have to remind them other than when I see them doing the "pee-pee" dance, they are not trained!