Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 01-23-2004, 09:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Im bored alot of the time even with a 19mo old at home! I joined MOPS(mothers of pre schoolers) a couple of weeks ago. Its only 2 times a month but it gives me something to look forward to!
Attached Images

Last edited by KaraWhite; 01-23-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

If your husband wants you free for dd how about volunteering at her school? Our school is faced with some serious budget cuts the next several years so they are looking for all kinds of volunteers for classroom, lunchroom, playground, and office. Perhaps that could help relieve some of the boredom a couple days a week.
Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." -Muhammad Ali
Old 02-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

i crochet i still have one child at home shes 3 years old and a handful but its about like you its not like i have anyone to talk to of course i like to crochet you take something up like that and even make some blankets crochet some then sell them would give you some extra money and you could go shopping one day when your bored just to buy you some new clothes or something we women all love to shop i know i do of course i dont have extra money to do it with but me too i get bored of the computer sometimes not this site though theres always something going on here i dont have friends around where i live either so thats hard on me too i watch movies and how about trying sweeps that some people do on the internet they are fun and you could win some money and it would give you something to do also
Old 02-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My daughter is grown now, but I do stay home. I love it !!!!! I am never bored. Too many things to do all the time.
Perhaps learn to bake breads, cook something new. I bake bread and freeze it, so we can have it later.
I can hundreds of jars of food each year,too. Making jam is easy and fun. Makes wonderful gifts,too. Especially with some of the homemade bread. So, how about making jams, fruit syrups, etc.? Canning not only feeds your need to do something, but provides food for your family.
I volunteer with the county extension office, answering food preservation/ food safety questions on the phone. The calls are transferred to my home. I also do a lot of answering questions online.
I feel boredom is more a state of mind. How about reading books? The library is a good place to get books for free.
Do you sew? I am learning to quilt. Just loving it ! You can make all sorts of things for your children. Make pillows, simple things to begin with, if you don't sew well yet. Children love fun pillowcases. You can even get fabrics at garage sales and thrift stores. Lots of craft supplies, too.
How about hand molded candies? Soap molds? Handcast paper ? Rubber stamping.
The list is endless.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL. I DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY KIDS AT HOME ANYMORE. I DO SPEND A LOT OF TIME ON THE COMPUTER AND I DO A LOT OF SEWING AND PLASTIC CANVAS PROJECTS. MY BEST WAY OF BEATING BOREDOM IS SEWING SOMETHING NEW FOR MY HOUSE. AND IF THAT DOESN'T WORK I PICK OUT A SPECIAL FRIEND AND DO A GIFT FOR THEM OUT OF PLASTIC CANVAS. I ALSO HAVE SOME HAND-HELD GAMES SUCH AS YATZEE AND POKER THAT I PLAY ALOT. HOPE SOME OF THIS HELPS YOU A LITTLE.

You will be forever missed Breezy...

Love, Your FC Family
Old 02-19-2004, 12:15 PM
BoggsZ

I think its getting alot better now that the weather is getting nicer I just get clostraphoby (SP) when its nasty out side in the winter but its getting better I volunteer at dd school alot iv been cleaning out closets and getting rid of stuff that is keeping me busy summer will be better i do can and perserve stuff that we grow I just have my bad days feeling sorry for myself i guess but things are looking up thanks for all your ideas.

stayathomemom how do you do sweeps onthe internet that sounds interesting.

Breezy i would love to learn to plastic canvas maybe ill try that out thanks hope your doing ok.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

different people have sweeps on the internet mainly you just play games and send that person things they want etc etc email me and i will send you the link for one and you can check it out and if you join just say that heather referred you i will get points for it and you get points then at the end of the sweep whoever has the most points from playing games sending things and etc that person wins and they always have at least four places where you can win things they are fun and give you something to do if you are bored
Old 02-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Heavenly04

Re: wow.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Txchef_fran
Maybe a hobby is what you need or a home based business.

Hello ! Hope you don't mind me jumping in here.
I think this is a great idea.

Remember you are doing this as a hobby, keep it fun.
I'd suggest Tupperware, Gold Canyon Candles & AVON.

Here's what I's also suggest;
(if any of these interest you)
what do you like more ?
are you really into cooking ? go w/ Tupperware or Creative Chef.
(is that the right name ?)

If Candles are your thing - Gold Canyon Candles.

If you're like me, a makeup freak, go w/ AVON.

These are a great way to meet new people,
get out of the house, you set your own hrs,
a wonderful way to pamper yourself.

For example, if you wanted extra cash, don't buy for yourself.
if you want things for you, spend your commission on what you wanted. No money comes from your pocket.

of course, even finding 'new' sites can be fun too !;-)
Old 09-16-2004, 10:25 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Bored stay at home Mom

Hi! If it makes you feel any better, I am in the same "boat" as you. I have a kindergartner (1st year), no other children at home and the 1st 3 weeks were ok, but now I am alittle bored too. I started up my gym pass and went except this week. I too volenteer at school (just one day per week) and signed up for field trips and was put on the sub-list for teachers helpers (paid). I sure wish I would have planned more ahead for this. I've cleaned more, prepared better meals,etc. I think I feel alittle guilty as my husband works all day and I always felt I was doing "my job" when my girl was here, but now that she is gone "all day" "everyday" it's so... different. There isn't a lot to pick from (workwise except through the schools so that you can be home after school), right? I go for walks and to the park and walk and bike ride. I think I need a hobby fast, cuz winter will be setting in here. ha!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:45 AM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi guys,

My situation is a little different. I haven't had kids home for quite awhile. Mine are grown and have married and moved away from home.

My hubby is an over-the-road truck driver, so he is gone alot during the week.

I am unable to work due to physical problems, but I am hoping that will change after the first of the year and I will be able to get a part time job somewhere. If not, then I will continue to be here at home.

We only have the one car, so I really am limited as he sometimes takes the car to work. (If he has to leave in the wee hours of the morning to go to work and will be back the next evening) Otherwise I usually have the car.

I agree, there is only so much cleaning that you can do! We are in the process of wallpapering our main bathroom and painting our den but that will be done within the next two weeks. Then what?

I am getting new glasses the first of the month and I am hoping with that I will be able to get back to cross stitching, which I love.That will alleviate some of the boredom. Once again, though, you can only do so much of that!

I am on the computer alot, but I do have to share it with DH.

I know that the next couple of months will be fine because I will be baking, decorating, making holiday items, wreaths, stuff like that, but come January, if things don't change, I will be right back to where I am. BORED!!!

I really would like to feel that I am contributing something to the household other than sitting here waiting for DH to come home! I hate feeling useless!!!

Kellydid