08-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Nine Year Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Guidelines for the Secret Sister Club--PLEASE READ FIRST!!!
Welcome to Family Corner’s Secret Sister Club!
Becoming a Secret Sister gives you the opportunity to bring a smile to someone’s face, to form friendships and to encourage others along the way.
Family Corner is like one big family, so let’s reach out and get to know one another even better. As this site is large and many of us never cross paths or have a chance to really get to know each other. Let’s have fun with this and use this to get to know one and other a whole lot better! We are looking forward to this fun event and hope you are too!
You don’t want to miss out do you? Sign up today to start enjoying the benefits of being a Secret Sister!
The Rules are pretty simple:
The Sign Up part....
As of October 1, 2004 any new members wishing to join the Secret Sister Club will be required to have a minimum of 75 posts.
1. Start by filling out the information form. Please include as many details as possible to give your Secret Sister many clues about you!
Once you have registered to become a Sister, you will receive a special “Secret Sister” icon in your awards library!
2. The deadline for new sign-ups to participate for the next month's exchange will be the 25th of the current month. Once you have joined you do not need to continue to send your information in every month. We will keep your records on file.
If you decide to leave the club, please let us know that you will be leaving when you fill out the end-of-month questionnaire.
You can always update your information at any time. Please use the secret sister info. form above to update your file. When sending in an update, please include the word "UPDATE" to let us know that you are already a Secret Sister.
3. All Secret Sisters are asked to fill out an end-of-month questionnaire by the 25th of each month to be automatically enrolled for the following month's exchange. Failure to do so could mean omission from next month’s exchange.
At the of the questionnaire in the comment area, please list the names of the secret sisters that you have had for this year (go back 6 months if you can remember all of them.) This will help to make the name match-ups much easier and help to ensure no duplicate names are being given out.
4. The exchanges are held on a month-to-month basis. You will receive a name and special information about your Sister in an email, so be on the lookout for it the first week of each month.
5. We will post a complete list of names of who will be participating in the new exchange, a day before the names are sent out. Please be sure to check the list to make sure your name has been included! If your name has been left off of the list but you think that it should be included, contact coll, Minny or ajrsmom immediately.
New Month-To-Month Themes and More!
We are implementing a $5.00 spending limit for the month. (does not include shipping). We want to take the club back to it's roots and encourage new friendships so get those creative juices flowing but please stay within the spending limits to allow everyone to be equal.
To add more excitement, we've decided to put a spin on things and add a theme to follow each month. We will post 2 themes each month for you to choose from. You might choose to use one or both, it's up to you but we ask that you try to stay within one of the themes for the month, including your snail mail package. The themes will reflect the coming month so that the gifts can be enjoyed for a while.
Ex: For September, the themes might be "ghosts and goblins" & Popcorn because of Halloween and Oct. is national popcorn month.
Some ideas include: a kitchen towel with a ghost on it, ghosts and goblins picture frame, candle, flavored popcorn, jars of popcorn toppers, stationary with popcorn on it, Halloween earrings.. I always love seeing how creative people are!
Each theme will be announced in the email that you receive that contains your Secret Sister information.
The Contacting and Snail Mail part....
1. We encourage sending lots of emails, ecards, ...etc throughout the month. Getting a note certainly helps to brighten everyone's day!
Don't forget to keep your identity a secret! - This includes any hints in your email address. You might want to set up a separate account to hide your identity.
2. Please send at least one snail mail per month. You might choose to send a postcard or greeting card at first and then a small token in the middle of the month or you might choose to wait and send one small gift before the 15th ...whatever you choose, please make sure to send something out by the 15th (earlier if sending out of the country, please!) so that your secret sister will have time to enjoy it. Please remember that the theme you are sending for is for the next month, not the month you are sending in.
Please contact your Secret Sister if there will be a delay in sending out a snail mail gift.
3. Please remember to “Treat others as you would like to be treated”. You will be receiving gifts as well as sending them. Please don’t forget about your Secret Sister!
The Reveal Part....
It is up to the “Sender” whether or not they wish to reveal their identity. Anyone who chooses to remain anonymous MUST send an email to their secret sister stating their wish to remain secret.
We have chosen the 25th of each month to start reveal our identities. We ask that you send an email or a snail mail to your secret sister to reveal your identity. If you are going to reveal through snail mail...PLEASE make sure to send the note out in time so that your sister will get it on or right around the 27th. (This DOES NOT count for a snail mail that was due out by the 15th of the month.)
Those who don’t reveal their identity OR don’t send an email stating that they do not want to reveal, WILL BE REVEALED to their secret sister if they ask who you are on the 30th of the month!!
SAYING THANK YOU
Please post often in the Thank You thread in the Secret Sister Forum. A short note to your Secret Sister will let her know that you are receiving things.
We also encourage saying thank you by contacting her if she gives you contact info. Some secret sisters, though, have no other means of contact than the chit chat thread and thank you threads so please check them daily and participate in them!
Most importantly....have fun!!
** If you have any questions or comments pertaining to the rules, you can contact Tami (ajrsmom)
Last edited by ajrsmom; 09-30-2010 at 06:45 PM.