Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Pregnancy & Birth

Pregnancy & Birth Are you trying to conceive, or are you pregnant now? Share your stories, thoughts, and goals here!

Old 07-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Baby Names

What have you named your babies?
If you don't have kids, what would you name future kids?
How did you come up with the names?

We have two kids right now, and are expecting our thrid in Jan. Our kids' names are:

DD - Casey Rainelle
Casey means "strong and brave" (she got stuck on my pelvic bone during delivery, and she never had trouble from it).... Rainelle is a combination name... "Rain" from Lorraine (my middle name) and "elle" from Michelle and Danielle.

DS - Aidan Patrick
Aidan means "little fire" (he gave me terrible heartburn from the moment of conception).... Patrick is a family name. DH's fathers' middle name is Patrick (and so is his brothers' middle name), so we used it to honor him.

For the new baby, we have picked names already...

For boy:
Matthew Anthony Donovan
Matthew came to me out of nowhere, and I felt like I should use it - like a sign or something.... Anthony is DH's first name.... And Donovan is a name we both were thinking about for a first name, and it just won't go away. :0)

For girl:
Elizabeth Grace Evelyn
Elizabeth is a name that we agreed on because DH likes the name Beth, but I don't want to use it in a short form (I think "Beth" is more a nickname than a full name). Grace is the name of Aunts from both sides of the family..... Evelyn is a combination of three names. - My Great-Grandma (Eva), my mom (Linda), and MIL (Ellen).

So that's how we've come up with our names... I just thought it would be interesting to see how you've come up with your kids' names too. :0)

Row.
#3 EDD 1/11/04
Old 07-26-2003, 05:14 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ooohhh, this is interesting!!! Let me give my children's names sakes!

DD#1: Kimberly Jo: Kimberly for Kimberly from Days of Our Lives, Jo for Jo from Facts of life. She would have been Tyler Stephen, for Stephen Tyler from Aerosmith!

DS: Kevin Matthew: Kevin after my dear brother whose life was taken when I was 6 months pregnant with DS, Matthew for his dad's first name. The poor child would have had to been named after the Dr. that delivered him had he been a girl.

DD#2:Kaitlin Marie: DH, liked the name Katie, but like you I thought Katie was a nickname, so Kaitlin it is!! Marie is after my sisters middle name. If she had been a boy she would have been Kurtis Michael, Just like that name!!

DD#3: Karrie Marie: I just liked the name Karrie, and Marie fit!! It was a very busy hectic year Had she been a boy she would have been Kurtis Michael, Just like that name!!

If we had more children? I am not sure about a girl, but definitely for a boy Kurtis Michael!!! For a girl I would probably stick with the begining letter K, it would be a toss up of Kirsten or Kristen, don't know. Maybe if I don't pick a girls name next time I will get my "other" boy.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 07-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Ill add to it!

My son was named Andrew Jacob because we planned on calling him A.J. ( Dh really picked out the name after AJ Foyt). We both ended up calling him Andy and Grandma is the only one that calls him AJ, LOL! If anyone dares to call him AJ now, he quickly corrects them and tells them the only person that calls me AJ is my Grandma....Im her AJ. My name is Andy. My DH calls him George and Frank most of the time....dont ask why, hes just like that. He always has called him those names !

I really liked the name Kyle ( after Kyle Petty) but I couldnt talk Dh into it. If he wouldve been a girl it was going to be Kaela Nicole. I love the name Kaela.

On to my daughter.... She wouldve been named Kaela but there are way too many of them around here now! Talk about a popular name!! I like the name Lexi but Dh didnt like it for a first name so I picked Alexis and we both like it. Nicole just stuck. For some reason Ive always liked it for a middle name and I think that her name flows good.

If she wouldve been a boy, Donovan was at the top of my list. Ive liked that ever since I heard it on tv when Donovan McNabb was playing college football. My second pick was Mika. I even had DH convinced that it was good for a girl too then I changed my mind, LOL!!

We arent having any more so I guess Im left to name the pets if we get any. My son just got some fish......so far we have Gordon, JR., Tony & Harvick! The frogs will have names too......Blainey, Elliott ( Sadler not Bill) and Dale ( DH says for Big E but its for Jarrett)

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

After what I've read so far, mine are going to sound kind of boring!

DD - Stefanie Michelle. When I met her father, I was actually dating a friend of his. One day we were talking. He said that if he ever remarried and had another daughter, he would like to name her either Stefanie or Michelle. Stefanie after him - his name was Steven. (she has a 1/2 brother named Steven Jr. and a 1/2 sister named Christy) and he just liked the name Michelle. So, after we married and I got pregnant, we started discussing names. I pointed out that we already had a girls' name and just needed to agree on a boy's name. He was when he realized that I had remembered that conversation! Had she been a boy, her name would have been Kenneth Wayne and I would have been divorced! We just could not agree on a boy's name! I don't know why, I just liked the name Kenneth Wayne.
(DD's father passed away a month B/4 her 5th birthday. Even though she is now 19 yrs old, she loves to tell people that she was named after her father!)

DS # 1 James Alfred - Easy one. James is my FIL's name and DH's middle name. Alfred is my father's name. Given the fact that this was the first boy on my side of the family (I have two sisters and they only have daughters), my father was walking on cloud 9 when he learned that his grandson shared his name! Never thought of a girl's name as I found out that I was pregnant and the sex of the baby on the same day! (NO joke!)

DS # 2 Randall Jeffrey - DH's initials are RJH so we wanted to come up with a name that would give the baby the same initials. DH had chosen Randall Jared but DD suggested Randall Jeffrey and DH decided that he liked that one better. If he had been a girl, the name would have been Rebecca Jacqueline.

Last edited by Abear; 07-26-2003 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

After what I've read so far, mine are going to sound kind of boring!

DD - Stefanie Michelle. When I met her father, I was actually dating a friend of his. One day we were talking. He said that if he ever remarried and had another daughter, he would like to name her either Stefanie or Michelle. Stefanie after him - his name was Steven. (she has a 1/2 brother named Steven Jr. and a 1/2 sister named Christy) and he just liked the name Michelle. So, after we married and I got pregnant, we started discussing names. I pointed out that we already had a girls' name and just needed to agree on a boy's name. He was when he realized that I had remembered that conversation! Had she been a boy, her name would have been Kenneth Wayne and I would have been divorced! We just could not agree on a boy's name! I don't know why, I just liked the name Kenneth Wayne.

DS # 1 James Alfred - Easy one. James is my FIL's name and DH's middle name. Alfred is my father's name. Given the fact that this was the first boy on my side of the family (I have two sisters and they only have daughters), my father was walking on cloud 9 when he learned that his grandson shared his name! Never thought of a girl's name as I found out that I was pregnant and the sex of the baby on the same day! (NO joke!)

DS # 2 Randall Jeffrey - DH's initials are RJH so we wanted to come up with a name that would give the baby the same initials. DH had chosen Randall Jared but DD suggested Randall Jeffrey and DH decided that he liked that one better. If he had been a girl, the name would have been Rebecca Jacqueline.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

DD #1 is Alyssa GraceAnn - I like the name Allison but my b-i-l has that name and we thought it would be too confusing; Grace after my sister and Ann is my middle name

DD #2 is Jenny Gaylene - Jenny because Alyssa picked it - she was 4 years old and it actually suits her to a tee! and Gaylene is my twin's middle name....