Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Pregnancy & Birth

Pregnancy & Birth Are you trying to conceive, or are you pregnant now? Share your stories, thoughts, and goals here!

Old 11-19-2006, 09:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

how crazy (scale of 1 to 10)?

Hi everyone,

My DH tells me I should sign up here since I keep asking him questions that he can't answer. Out of sympathy for him, and because he ran off at 2 in the morning last Tuesday to the 7-11 to get Ben and Jerry's Phish Food because I just had to have it, here I am.

My question, at the moment anyway, is whether or not I'm going insane. One minute everything in the world is hilarious and people are looking around trying to find something funny that I must be laughing at, and the next minute I'm the meanest person on the face of the earth and people are like, um, I'll just leave you alone until your mood gets on the upswing again. One second I'm glowing like a glo-stick and the next, well, it's hard to glow when you're in the bathroom every ten minutes.

Yes, folks, we're seven months along and sometimes I want to stay pregnant forever and sometimes I look down at this giant piece of luggage jutting out of my abdomen and I offer him (a boy! hoorah!) bribes if it comes out early: "You'll have a Christmas right away if you come out before your due date." Which sounds awful, I know.

I'm cleaning the house and really overpreparing the baby's room like mad, but I don't want to be around cleaning chemicals, either, so I'm spending hours cleaning the floor with water and dishrags -- which is pretty hard to do when your body looks like mine does now (think of a pear at five and a half feet).

Yes, folks, my only question at least at this point is whether or not I'm going insane. My mother's not around anymore and my DH and I just have brothers, so there's a real lack of people who know what I'm going through. Maybe we can quantify things: if 1 is stable and rational, and 10 is Ann Coulter lunacy, what do you think is my number?

Emily
Old 11-20-2006, 03:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm a mom of 3. You sound PERFECTLY NORMAL to me

Wishing you a happy, healthy remainder of your pregnancy! Take it easy while you can. And you can use some vinegar in that cleaning water--it's nontoxic.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I agree! I am a Mom of 2 whose hormones changed by the minute a lot of the times.

Dont overwork yourself! Give your hubby a big hug for being there for your cravings.

I remember when I was pregnant with my son, we were coming home from my parents house on one of the holidays. I hadn't eaten anything because at the time, it just didn't look good and I was sick all of the time. I had a craving so bad for p-nut butter. He stopped at a convenience store and paid probably 3xs them amount for p-nut butter and bread, for me. It was a litte thing but I will never forget it.

Enjoy your time together too. Hope to see you around the boards. We are here anytime you want to talk!

Best wishes!
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-20-2006, 10:52 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

You're no crazier than every other preggo woman, don't worry, I'll give you a 5. About cleaning the floors on your hands and knees: don't do that. If your hubby is willing to buy ice cream at two in the morning he'd be willing to buy a Scooba (like a Roomba but it mops) if you're that intent on cleaning the floors. And hey, if you're in the middle of a bad mood swing you can take comfort in the fact that you'll swing up again in a few minutes!