Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Fun With Kids > Party Ideas > Parties for Boys

Old 03-19-2003, 03:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

10 year old boys birthday

Hi all... I'm having my ds birthday party at a local arcade/fun center, but I need some "goody bag" idea for his guests... they're all boys, all 9 - 10 years old. Any suggestions??

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 03-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi

Since they are getting to that age where they dont want to be treated like babies, I dont think that I would worry much about goody bags. How about giving all of them tokens for the arcade? If you really want to give something extra, how about gift booklets from McDonalds or Wendys...or somewhere like that?

Just a couple of ideas....hope they help. I wont be dealing with that age for a while yet ( mine is only 5) so Ill be interested to see what they really like at that age. Let us know what you do, Ok?

Thanks,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-22-2003, 01:30 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hey,
What about a can of Spray Cheese and some goofy sports crackers, or something like that to eat with the can of cheese?
Kids love that stuff and parents won't buy it!
That, and maybe a coupon for a free movie rental?
Just an idea!
Laurie

Stang Home And Loving It!
Old 03-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Groupie

If you want to get some fairly inexpensive things to put in goody bags, you could go to: Oriental Trading Company They have a wide variety of small games and toys for kids. for example, you could get a dozen balloon racers for 4.95; 2 doz foam gliders they can put together 4.95. And many other ideas.

"Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements."
- Marcel Boulestin

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My eldest son had a party at the Time Zone games arcade last year, he was 12, and our goodies bag or loot bag for the kids were just a whooppeee cushion each and he let let them take a pick of a chocolate bar (like a lucky dip) the kids thought the cushions were a hoot and couldn't wait to try them on their siblings when they got home. Boys

~ Family Corner Calendar ~
If your state or country has a noteworthy
date/holiday that you'd like up on the
calendar, PM me.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:09 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

What about yo-yos

Oriental Trading has yo-yos that you can decorate yourself. Sound stupid? Don't laugh! The kids (I have 12 nieces and nephews on New Year's Eve spending the night each year) thought this was great! They got to take them home after they dried. We used "paper paints" and acrylic that dried in about 1/2 hour! Great fun and very creative for the kids!
Old 03-22-2003, 02:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I second the motion to axe the goodie bags at that age. That's what we did when our boys got older. ESPECIALLY if you are already taking them to an arcade. Funny how the old fashioned idea of party favors has got so carried away that we feel we need to give the guests gifts! (Guilty of that big time for many years!) Discuss it with your son, so he knows what's going on.

If you feel its necessary, glow sticks or flashyblinkie lights are fun for that age (splurged on those for the family at the holidays and everybody loved them). Our Dollar Tree has the glow sticks, and you can get the flashy things online (flashyblinkielights.com) for about a buck each plus shipping, min 50.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:48 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How Ironic!! I just came home from a 10 yr olds birthday party at one of those indoor fun centers! My son made a comment that the goodie bags were the best he has ever gotten. Inside included: Yu-Gi-Oh! trading cards (the latest fad here), mini chocolate bars, gum, a coupon for a free small McDonalds fries, and a toothbush! The bags were those little mini gift bags that you can get at the dollar store and they had some confetti in it and was just stapled shut. Cool Idea if you ask me!
I do like the whoopie coushion idea too! GOOD LUCK!
Kim
Old 03-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I also have a soon to be 10 yo and will have to agree that they like the Yugi trading cards also. As they are fairly expensive for a pack you could put 1 or 2 in each one and they could have fun trading them. Also what our group loved that I had passed out as prizes at Christmas were superballs with streamers attached.
The kids were wild about them and the ones that did not get them were very disappointed. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the company that made them as one of our fundraisors gave them as prizes and let me buy the leftovers.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My kids like marbles, little planes that you put together, a small toy, Mcdonald Coupons, Chocolate bars, pencils, weird erasers, a can of pop, a small bag of chips, a rice krispie square or a brownie, or a mixed bag of candy. I used to run a candy store and people would stop by and have me do up the bags for them. I've done at a anywhere from 5 to 500 (for Christmas Parties). Remember to have something to eat now and something to play with later. My kids favorite is a second hand kids book like Goosebumps or The Babysitter's Club. Pick them up at garage sales for 5-50 cents each. I make up some for Stocking Stuffers for the Salvation Army every year. My good deed for the year. If you want to do this for the local cause people and stores will donate for this. Please pass this on to people to use this for a good cause only.