Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Getting Organized > Organizing

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

View Poll Results: Is the FlyLady form of organzing and decluttering working for you?
Yes, I love it, I've never had a cleaner house! 47 53.41%
No, the emails drove me batty! 6 6.82%
Yes and No. I couldn't stand the constant emails, but I have implemented some of the ideas! 20 22.73%
No, it's nothing I wasn't already doing. 3 3.41%
Never heard of it! 13 14.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:57 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Flylady vs Motivated Moms

I'd posted this on the other thread, but it may get a better response on this one.

Before Flylady, there was a great notebook and reminder service called Motivated Moms. Has anyone out there been on this system?

Flylady's routines are very similar to this set-up that came out before hers. MM closed down a few years ago, but I still use the system and I like it.

LMK if anyone has or still is using it and if you feel it is close to the Fly system.

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 03-17-2002, 04:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Motivated Moms. I never heard that one. Please share I enterested in all I can learn. Your looking at a gal that on her book shelf all the house keeping time manage books and plans she get her hands. They all have helped me in some form or fashision. Even if I do fall off the cleaning wagon some times If you tell me on the message board about it you can e-mail me;-)

This be Tree
Old 03-17-2002, 06:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've been a Flybaby since January 2001. I was just really getting it down when morning sickness started with baby #2. Flylady helped me get through nine months of semi-nausea with a decent-looking house and a happy husband and toddler. My son is now four months old, and I have to say Flaylady helps me keep the house on track, my emotions on an even keel, and leave me plenty of time for fun with the kids and DH.
Old 03-17-2002, 04:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I just joined! I'm so excited. Reading the website information, it makes sense and I think maybe I can do it. Wish me luck.
Old 03-17-2002, 06:34 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

You CAN do it!!

Julie - You absolutely CAN do it!! Just remember to take babysteps and limit your routines at first. Don't add to them too quickly. Good luck!!
You've got lots of cyber-friends fluttering alongside you!!
Old 03-18-2002, 12:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks so much.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:48 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing FlyLady

I have also found the FLYLADY to be very helpful. Still not soaring or anywhere near soaring but definately fluttering. It is amazing at how "contagious" a clean sink can be. I don't follow everything yet and probalby won't. But she had helped alot. I have my FLYLADY clingies (3) stragically placed around the house to keep eveyone motivated. I have her calendar, book and timer. I look forward to her daily emails (I get them all at once) they are motivating if nothing else.

Keep your head up, take baby steps
Old 03-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I'm having fun with it so far. Right now I'm getting e-mails throughout the day. After I've gotten myself established, it probably would be nice to get them in a disgest form.

You are right about the clean sink. There is something exciting about doing it--I think I resisted doing it for so many years to rebel against my mom (who always did it). I don't want to be like my mother--such a prevalent thought amoung young people and soon or later, we find out they were pretty wise after all!
Old 04-08-2002, 02:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thank you everybody!

Just need to thank everybody in the boards who told me about Flylady, right here at familycorner. Here is where I first heard about her, and due to does wonderfull and helpfull persons, my life is getting into shape, rid of chaos...

thank you very, VERY much!

Fatima
Old 04-27-2002, 05:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm a flybaby too...

I'm a flybaby too. I am not soaring yet but I am doing my Morning & Evening Routines and my weekly home blessings. I even made a control journal but I can't quite get the hang of the decluttering & the missions from kelly yet. I'll keep trying. As for the emails...yes they were driving me batty but I set up filters to catch them so I could read them when I have time not several times thruout the day...Its when its convienent for me. Flylady has been a big help to me & my family.....

flybabies rule!!!!