Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Member Questions & Introductions > How Do I...?

How Do I...? Looking for answers on how to add a picture to your sig, where to go to find a certain topic, find out what LOL means? Frequently asked questions and lots of how to answers are here!

Old 03-07-2007, 04:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Is there a way to create a recipe file?

Hi All,
I am new to this site and so far absolutely love it! I do have a quick question however...is there a way to create a file to store favorite recipes in? I find so many I want to try and would love to save them tomy computer...I am not even to the point of being "computer illiterate"...I'm still computer silly! I would appreciate any help or suggestions you have to offer.
blessings,
nanc
Old 03-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Hi mamahomeschools...I save all my recipes to my notepad on my computer and when I have enough of them I burn them to a CD...you can save any recipes to a folder and then go from there...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I do pretty much the same thing but I save all recipes to MS Word. I have a special Word folder that is just recipes.. hundreds of 'em. Now I just have to create subfolders to organize them! lolol
Old 03-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I started out doing what Lifestar and BuddyBeanieBaby did, and my collection soon outran my ability to keep it organized and find the recipes I wanted when I wanted them.

So I went to using a commercial recipe software: Living Cookbook. You can download it and use it for free for about 30 days from http://www.livingcookbook.com/
Then, if you like it, you can shell out the $30 or so to buy it. I tried out several different recipe software packages, and this one meets my needs the best. It has lots of "bells and whistles" on it, which I seldom use, but it lets you print out one or more recipes at a time into a Word document. If you add the ingredients to the ingredient database as you add recipes, it will automatically calculate the nutritional information for the recipe. Another nice feature is that I can simply highlight, copy and paste recipes from online sources into the program, do their little routine with them, and they get formatted nicely!

My ol' curmudgeon has the same software on his computer. We synchronize our databases from time to time. We tend to enter different kinds of recipes from each other, so being able to exchange our recipes from one to the other is important.

Have fun!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
~*~ "A cookbookk is only as good as its worst recipe"
~*~ Julia Child ~*~
Old 03-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I tried the Living Cookbook and really didn't like it...I have all my recipes on disc's and they are labelled and easy for me to access...I am going to do several different cook books for my daughter's with my own recipe's in them...saves them having to call my long distance through the day to ask me a question about a recipe...I think it will work out for all of us...
Old 03-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Different people like / need different things - that's why there are so many different programs out there. LOL!

If your system works for you, that's great! It just didn't work for me. I needed a program to keep things in order for me, and this one did what I needed.

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

~*~ Iced tea may not have as much wisdom as hot tea, but in the summer better a cool and refreshed dullard than a steamy sweat-drenched sage - leave sagacity to the autumn! ~Linda Solegato ~*~

Old 03-17-2007, 08:42 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions...I will try thewm both and see which works best for me!! I just know we are all tired of the same old same old!!
blessings!