Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Your Community > Contests & Prizes

Contests & Prizes This forum houses contests run by FamilyCorner and Points & Prizes. There is also a forum for posting contests outside of this website.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:34 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

A Contest that earns you an FC AWARD!

That's right, it's a contest outside of FC, but there's a twist. For every qualified entry into this contest, you will earn an A&A Pie Award!

First, I need to give credit where credit is due. Coll came up with an idea for a Pie Award, but we really didn't have anything to use it for. Then I needed to generate some more entries into a contest that I host for another site, and I brought it to Barbszy. Barb told me of Coll's suggestion and she recommend we combine the two! So thank you Barb and Coll - and Coll has earned a Light Bulb Award for this!

NOW ON TO THE CONTEST AND HOW IT WORKS:

NOTE: I sometimes tend to over explain things, so if anything here is confusing, please just ask!

This is a summary, detailed instructions below:

Title: Cooking with Alicia & Annie

What You Do: Choose a recipe from their site, prepare it, take a photo, then you have three choices (upload to your blog, upload here at FC, or upload to the original recipe site)

How to Enter: After doing the above just post on this thread the recipe you made (link to it on the appropriate site) and you've not only earned a Pie Award you have earned an entry into their giveaway (prizes change each month)!

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

1) Visit either or both of these websites:
http://www.anniesrecipes.com/ and/or http://www.aliciasrecipes.com/

2) Pick a recipe (or as many as you like, you will earn a Pie Award for EVERY recipe you complete and photograph) to make.

3) Make the recipe and take a picture (important! photo required for award and contest entry!)

4) Come to this thread and post the name of the recipe, the link to the recipe, and any comments you may have. You may also post your photo here.

Optional:

You may upload your photo directly on the recipe site where you got your recipe. Simply navigate to the recipe and use the upload tool then come here and tell us about it.

If you have a blog, you may blog about it and include a link to the recipe there, then you can post a comment on the contest blog.

I'm really excited to have our FC community involved in this contest. I know the sponsor personally and have bought several things from her site. The prizes are top notch and the quality is awesome! All the prizes are always cooking or kitchen related

Here's the Pie Award you will earn for participating. You will get a new pie award for EVERY recipe you submit!

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/images/pieaward.gif

The contest prize changes each month, so be sure to check in at the contest blog Cooking with Alicia & Annie regularly. You can also subscribe by email.

Here's a pic of April's prize (Confetti multicolored plastic dinnerware) and there's still time to enter! You have until midnight tomorrow.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ywvV-d3ePC...9_34540860.gif

THIS CONTEST IS ONGOING - prizes change every month, no expiration date until I post otherwise
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 04-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Annie's Recipes: Soft Amish Chocolate Chip Cookies

I chose the Soft Amish Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from Annie's Recipes as my contest entry.

The cookies came out soft, light and chocolaty. The batter was more like a cake batter than a cookie batter--very fluffy and light. Bake time was not given in the recipe but I baked them for 8 minutes for a golden-brown edge. The recipe yielded 4 dozen cookies.

I will make this recipe again but I will add some vanilla extract next time, as the cookies had a bland flavor. I thought they needed a little something extra. But "as is" they are quite good and they'd be great as ice-cream sandwiches with coffee or chocolate ice cream.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy face

Barbszy.. those cookies look really good. Thanks for posting them.
Amanda, I will have to check out those sites. I'm always baking something so I'll probably find something there to bake. Thanks for letting us all know about this.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This sounds like a really neat idea...I better get 2 baking...
Old 04-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

does the recipes need 2 b something sweet or anything at all...
Old 04-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The recipe can be ANY recipe from the 2 sites (Annie's Recipes or Alicia's Recipes.) The sites have all kinds of recipes, not just desserts. Have fun cooking/baking!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:09 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I can't wait to try some of these recipes. I am always looking for new ideas for dinner.

Charlotte
Old 04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Yyyyaaaaahhhhhoooooooooo...
Old 04-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I have a couple of recipes picked out already...

Smiles & hugs...
Old 04-30-2009, 05:51 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yay!! Can't wait to see what you guys make, AND can't wait to start giving out these Pie Awards!!

if you guys get anything done today that will qualify you for an entry into this month's prize!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda

Closed Thread