Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Holidays & Occasions > Holidays > Christmas > Christmas Gifts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Looking for Family ( all-in-one) gift ideas

To save some money this year, Ive decided to make family gift baskets this year instead of buying all individual gifts--execpt for the little kids. I have to arrange a basket for my Brother, SIL & 18 yr old neice and a basket for my sister, her BF and her 3yr. old & 6yr old. Even though Im going to include the kids in the family basket, Ill give each of them a little something seperately too.

Ive seen baskets made for cooking meals and family movie nights but Im wondering if anyone can think of anything different? Im stumped.....so much for this brilliant idea of mine, huh?

I appreciate any ideas that you might have !

Thanks,
Tami
Old 09-08-2002, 06:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

what about games they can play together or everything for a craft they can do together.
if you can sew or if you can find a good deal in the store, you could get them coordinating pj's. not exactly a basket gift, but it would still be a group gift. or matching sweatshirts wiht the family name on them or something.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:15 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

gift baskets

My children attend a private school so for a fundraiser, we make theme baskets. We have a game basket with cards, board games even jump ropes. We have food specialties like Italian dinners complete with garlic press, cutting board and pizza gift certificates. We have cookie fun that has cookie cutters, pans and mixes. We have Tupperware baskets ( they really have something even for toddlers). We also have had 'sleepover' baskets that would include brownie mix, Twister and a family video. I have more ideas if you can't find one that you like here!!
Old 09-14-2002, 09:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Does the family have any sports activity they enjoy doing together - or going to see together? You could fix up a basket relating to that activity - equipment, items with that logo, items to enjoy while watching, items to make you more comfortable, etc.

If it is a hot weather activity, WalMart has a neat thing that you soak in water and put it around your neck to help keep you cool. We love auto racing and these made that horribly hot July race at KSI a bit less hot.

Good luck!;-)
Old 09-14-2002, 10:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Our school does basket raffles for fundraisers. There is an endless list of ideas. Every year they come up with some new ones.

holidays (many of the more popular)
outdoor activity (balls horseshoes, volleyball)
pamper (bath salts, lotion, bath gel)
tea and coffee (cups, mugs, herb teas, flavored coffee)
garden
chocolate lovers and or candy
art (crayons, paint, markers, colored pencils)
weekend away (could be romantic or family)
beach (sun tan lotions, beach towels, sunglasses)
family fun (games, reading books, tickets to local events)
cooking (sauces, dried goods, slasa, chips)
pet lovers (pet treats, toys, bedding, food)
home decor ( prints, picture frames, candle sticks)
expectant parents
picinic ( plates, wine cooler, etc)
videos/music
kitchen ware (can openers, knives, timers, chopping blocks, etc)
bakery
workshop/garage (paint brushes, small tools, etc.)
and the list goes on... hope this helps.
Robin
Old 09-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Gena

chuckle

hi there,
ive done many baskets fro diff occasssions, just use your imagination for each separate occassion...examples,

for anniversary etc, maybe try 2 large bath towels, candles , bottle of wine and some lotion, coupon for free movie rental.

college kids kids going back to school...food basket,
tea bags or individual coffee pkts, soup cups, mixed box
of cutlery , salt / pepper travel size, hot choc., chips, cookies,
microwave things, small jelly, ketchup, mayo etc...

birthdays according to age..... kids baskets are the easiest,
talk to parents about their age and interests, i almost always
have a video or dvd, and then build up from that.

housewarming....usually i do things like a cleaning basket,
lots of cleaning products, sponges, cloths , air fresheners
maybe a cute plaque ... or plant

also you can do a room basket...kitchen, dishtowels & cloths,
s&P shakers, napkin holder, tools , cups , etc in the owners theme example, watermelons, apples, ducks, this also works
well for bathrooms too.

wrap with reynolds colored wrap or cello wrap from card shop/craft store, add a huge ribbon/card , and your all done!
Good luck
Gena
Old 09-15-2002, 06:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How about a romantic evening basket for ones with no children, or even with children??!! You could put a bottle of wine or sparkling juice, some pretty silk flowers, a CD and or a movie and maybe some bubble bath and chocolates. I suppose you would need a scented candle too!
Old 09-15-2002, 06:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

family baskets

i too this year am doing baskets i am doing individual tho and i am doin it to save money . i have lots of coworkers and friends that i get a little something for so idecided this year to do vbaskets i visited the locol dollar tree eveythig is 1.00i decided to do bath baskets(i am making my baskets out of butter bowls and icecream buckets ccovered with fabrici have)i purchased a bath salt body spry and body wash i lucked out and found some cloths 3-1.00 so i put that in too wrapped in plastic. for my son i am using mens items aftershave shaving cream etc. as for a whole family meal baskets would be the easiet everything to make a meal or maybe even giftcards from local eateries or a cift certificate from a resteraunt and to ovie for a whole evening for the family.. or local healthclub membership or certifictes to a zoo or something for the family hope this helps i always tdo the movie and food ones!!!!
Old 09-16-2002, 05:33 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have done the following baskets:

For my sister-pretty towel, washcloth and scented candle, bath salts, pillow spray spritzer, lip moisturizer and lotion-Healing Garden Brand ( all were free from Desanti waters rebate offer).

For my mother in law-a basket with a king size symphony candy bar and 2 latest edition historical romance novels.

You could also do the sweet breads wrapped with a napkin and coffee mugs with homemade hot chocolate mix in a canning jar.

cellophane wrap all and tie with a bow or ribbon.

Anna
Old 09-16-2002, 06:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Those are all great ideas, Ladies. I know these will help me out a lot. I sell A__n and I know I'll be using a lot of their items.