Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Consumer Corner > Children's Software & Games

Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hyperdesk Desktop Suite Transforms Your Windows Desktop!

The Skins Factory Unleashes Hyperdesk™

One Click Transforms Your Windows Desktop’s Appearance Into A World Full of Exciting Themes, Skins, Wallpapers and Widgets

COOPER CITY, Fla. – (July 30, 2008) – The Skins Factory, one of the world's premier service providers for truly innovative user interface design, announces their official launch of Hyperdesk. Hyperdesk is an exciting new product from The Skins Factory that allows users worldwide to transform the appearance of the regular Windows desktop, with an endless array of exciting new themes, skins, wallpapers, iTunes & Windows Media Player 11 audio widgets and other applications created by the top designers at The Skins Factory. Themes range from Disney’s It’s a Magical World, Disney•Pixar's WALL-E, The Skins Factory’s own DarkMatter Trilogy™ to The Sony Ericsson Onyx Series and more. The desktop themes known as “hypersuites” are now available for the retail price of $9.95 to $14.95 at Hyperdesk.

The Skins Factory will also continue to offer their own brand of hypersuites and are currently forging relationships with some of the world’s best known properties. Hyperdesk uses Microsoft's own skinning engine to apply the Windows themes. The Skins Factory’s application technology allows the Hyperdesk changes to be completely reversible – just as it takes a single button to make the magic happen, a single click will return you to your default Windows desktop. “These works of art have been meticulously designed by some of the world's most talented commercial interface artists and the results are stunning," says The Skins Factory CEO Jeff Schader. “Users will be delighted when they fire up a hypersuite and immerse themselves in what we’ve created. Our passion for interface design really shines through every aspect of the user experience."

Hyperdesk currently runs in Windows XP with Windows Vista compatibility coming soon. For more information visit Hyperdesk.

Disney’s It’s a Magical World Hypersuite Enchant your Windows Desktop Immerse yourself in the magical world of Disney with this enchanting bundle of seven Windows XP desktop themes. You and your family will be delighted when your favorite Disney characters come to life on your Windows XP desktop with the Disney Desktop for Windows. This ground-breaking release features powerful new software allowing you to transform your entire user experience with a single click. Experience seven multi-colored hyperthemes, dozens of beautifully-rendered icons, and a variety of custom wallpapers that include Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Stitch, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell. For media playback there is also Windows Media Player 11 video skin and a dual-platform Yahoo! audio remote widget* for iTunes & Windows Media Player 11 bundled with the package. Available for $14.95 at www.Hyperdesk.com *You will need to download the free application, Yahoo! Widgets to use the audio remote.

Other available hypersuites include Wall-E and Dark Matter Trilogy. A Star Trek-themed hypersuite is coming this fall!
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I installed this software, the Disney version (after installing the Yahoo! Widgets, a free add-on that is required to make this hyperdesk work--those have some cool features too!) It is a HUGE file but installation was easy and the transformation of my computer desktop was dramatic.

I had no idea that any artwork could look so good on the computer. The colors were so deep and the pictures extremely sharp.

This is a really clever application. With one click you have your desktop completely transformed. Even the little icons like "Recycle Bin" are now decorated with Mickey ears! So this was planned down to the smallest detail. The desktop looks bright and cheery with the familiar characters and wonderful colors.

My teenage son was impressed by the screenshots of the Dark Matter Trilogy hyperdesk and thought that one would be really cool on HIS desktop!

And if you need to get back to your standard Windows XP desktop, just one click is necessary.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

sounds cool but need to know

if you do not like it can you delete it?
Would you need hi speed to have this?
so often with things spam comes would this be one of those things?
I one time download this cute monkey that would tell me things, and boy the spam hit me like crazy.. along with virus...don't want to go thru that again.
waiting for an answer..
Has anyone else tried this?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barb, you can always delete a program using your control panel (Add and Remove Programs) feature.

As to high-speed, I have high-speed internet and the download took 25 minutes. It is a VERY large file (100+ MB).

I doubt there's a spam issue as you buy this program from an actual company, not some spambot.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sounds great! I don't think I have enough memory on my laptop for the large file. I will have to check. After we move though...... if I get into massage my laptop will be for work and dh and I will share his desktop. Shhhhh dh does't know this yet!

www.dragonzlair.biz
full of treasure galore